Meet Bakhtiyer Sindrov, a 5 year old boy who is making this wish to Santa. He is a blaze victim which left him seriously burnt when he was a baby.
Bakhtiyer’s face was so badly disfigured that his parents cover him with a blanket when they go out with him.
For many years he was fed through a tube that caused his teeth to rot as he could not open his mouth.
Bakhtiyer is unable to write thus asks his father to help him write a letter to Father Christmas.
- “Hello Father Christmas! I was burned when I was a little boy. I lost my face in the fire and since then I have to hide from people because they are scared of me.”
- “I am scared of myself when I am looking in the mirror. I do not have a nose, ears or hair.”
- “My mum says that I will not go to school.”
- “I am often in pain, but I do not cry. My mother does.”
- ‘Father Christmas, give me a new face, please, I will never cry in my life then. I just want to be like other children.’
Bakhtiyer family is too poor to afford treatment for his condition. Only recently he began treatment after NGO learned about his situation by chance.
So far the boy has been given new lips, teeth and eyelids.
In July this year, doctors inserted implants into his neck to stretch his skin.
It will be used to replace the facial skin that had been completely burned off.
He will be undergoing surgery later in December this year.
This is really a heart breaking story that we learn about. Probably one of the best wishes any kid can wish for this year.
We hope that the doctors will do their best to help grant his wish of having a decent face so he does not have to avoid public.
This is a clear example of why you should never leave your child un-attended especially near a fire.